Choose the best answer by crossing (x) a, b, c, d, or e!
No. 1 to 10 refer to the text below
An old lion realized one day that due to old age he was too weary and weak to hunt for his food. Sadly, he approached his den knowing that soon he would perish. He stopped at the entrance, and breathed difficulty, spoke in a low, soft voice to a pack of wolves which was passing by his den at the moment. He told them of his sad condition.
Soon, the news of the lion’s illness spread throughout the forest and caused much concern among the other beasts. Out of pity, the animals came one by one to pay their last respects.
The old lion was very happy. As each animal entered has den and came within reach, the lion pounced on it and made it his meal. Very soon, the lion became fat
Early in the morning, the fox came. He had come to pay his respects too. The fox, well-known for his wits and intelligence, approached the lion’s den with extreme caution. Standing some distance away, he politely enquired about the lion’s health and asked him if he was feeling any better.
“My dear friend,” said he lion, “is it you? I can hardly see you. You are so far away. Please come closer and whisper some words into my ears to console me for i have not long to live.
The fox, meanwhile, had been observing closely the ground in front of the lion’s den. At las, he looked up, and truning to go away, he remarked, “Please excuse me if i do not stay, for i feel quite uneasy at seeing the many footprints leading into your den, but none leaving it.”
1. Why were the lion’s hunting days over?
a. The animals found out about the lion’s illness
b. There were no more animals to hunt
c. The wolves always beat the lion
d. The lion is getting older and weaker
e. The lion was too strong
Pembahasan : sekarang Sang Singa semakiin tua dan semakin lemah
2. These words support the view of the lion’s sad codndition, except….
a. old age
b. too weary and weak
c. approached his den
d. breathing difficulty
e. has an ilness
3. The old lion was very happy. This means that….
a. many animals visited the lon out of pity
b. the lion didn’t had to hunt for his food
c. each animal that entered the den showed their respect
d. the lion became fat
e. the lion was desperate
Pembahasan: Sang Singa merasa senang dengan kunjungan hewan-hewan penghuni hutan karena dengan demikian ia tidak perlu lagi berburu mangsa
4. The footprints tell us that….
a. the pack of wolves passed the lion’s den
b. so many animals pay their respects to the old lion
c. the animals which entred the cave did not leave the cave alive
d. the lion is getting better and healthier
e. the animlas want the lion passed away soon
Pembahasan: jejak-jejak kaki yang ada menunjukkan kepada kita bahwa hewan-hewan yang memasuki sarang singa tersebut tidak pernah keluar hidup-hidup
5. In what ways are the lion and the fox the same?
a. The lion and the fox are both respectable
b. The lion and the fox are both strong
c. The lion and the fox are botch clever
d. The lion and the fox are both honest
e. The lion and the for are patient
Pembahasan: Singa dan rubah tersebut sama-sama cerdik
6. What kind of quality is the writer trying to say through the fox’s character?
a. You may save you life by using your wits and intelligence
b. show respect by visiting a sick friend
c. wehn entering a lions den. Be extremely caution
d. stand some distance away if you are facing a lion
e. Earlyin the morning, the fox came
Pembahasan: dengan kecerdasan dan akal kita bisa menyelamatkan hidup kita
7. What is the best title fo the story above?
a. A lying Lion
b. A Big Lion
c. A Lying Fox
d. A Lying Fox and Lion
e. A Lion King
8. An old lion realize one day that due to old age he was too weary and weak to hunt for his food. The italicized word has the closet meaning with….
9. “Please excuse me if I do not stay, for I feel quite uneasy at seeing the many footprints leading into your den….
The italicized word has the closet meaning with….
10. From the story above we can assume that fox represents a characteristic of a … person
11. Which of the expressions below to ask for an opinion?
a. I think we have to study harder from now
b. Sally, what do you say about math test today?
c. Handi, do you want to join me in the concert?
d. I hope I have the right time to see her
e. I ask for the apologize
Pembahasan: kalimat b merupakan kalimat untuk menanyakan pendapat
12. Which of the following is not the elemnt of a narrative text?
c. the character’s fame
13. “I warn you not to step on the grass”. The statement above is used for….
a. giving a warning
b. giving suggestion
c. asking permission
d. giving opinion
e. giving order
14. The computer program helps students to complete their task
The italicized words is considered as a….
d. noun phrase
Pembahasan: computer program adalah sebuah noun phrase
15. Narrative text can be found in the following, except….