Jika sebelumnya kita sudah mempelajari tentang Procedure Text dan Recount Text, maka sekarang kita akan membahas tentang Narrative Text. Di dalam postingan ini kita akan membahas seluruh materi dari Narrative text mulai dari pengertian, generic structure, ciri – ciri, contoh, dan Soal Latihan. Narrative text adalah pelajaran yang cukup sering kita jumpai di SMP maupun di SMA. Di dalam pelajaran ini siswa dituntut untuk menceritakan cerita fiktif atau dongeng. Selain itu mereka juga harus memahami unsur intrinsik, generic structure, dan juga menganalisa moral value dari cerita. Tanpa basa basi lagi mari kita langsung saja ke materi.
- OrientationBagian Orientation berisi tentang pengenalan tokoh-tokoh, latar belakang tempat dan waktu dari cerita. (siapa, apa, kapan, dan dimana)
- ComplicationPada bagian complication, masalah-masalah mulai muncul dan harus di selesaikan oleh tokoh utama pada cerita tersebut.
- ResolutionResolution adalah dimana cerita berakhir. Pada bagian ini masalah terselesaikan oleh si tokoh utama. Dalam bagian Resolution juga biasanya terdapat moral value atau nasihat dari cerita tersebut atau yang biasa disebut juga dengan Coda.
- Menggunakan Action Verb dalam bentuk Past Tense. Misalnya : Walked, Said, Wondered, dsb.
- Menggunakan Nouns tertentu sebagai kata ganti orang, hewan dan benda tertentu dalam cerita. Misalnya : the princess, the girl, the queen, dsb.
- Menggunakan Adjectives yang membentuk noun phrase. Misalnya : The red riding hood, the poisoned apple, dsb.
- Menggunakan Time Connectives dan Conjunctions untuk mengurutkan kejadian-kejadian. Misalnya : before, after, then, next,soon, dsb.
- Menggunakan Adverbs dan Adverbial Phrase untuk menunjukkan lokasi kejadian atau peristiwa. Misalnya : on the sea, in the mountain, there, happily ever after, dsb
Contoh Cerita Narrative Text
Soal Latihan Narrative Text
Read the text below carefully and choose the answer between A, B, C, D, or E
The Rats and The Elephants
Once upon a time their lived a group of mice under a tree in peace. However, a group of elephants crossing the jungle unknowingly destroyed the homes of all the rats. Many of them were even crushed to death.
Then taking of rats decided to approach the elephant’s chief and request him to guide his herd through another route. On hearing the sad story, the elephant’s king apologized and agreed to take another route. And so the lives of the rats were saved.
One day elephant-hunters came to the jungle and trapped a group of elephants in huge nets. Then the elephant king suddenly remembered the king of the rats. He summoned on of the elephants of his herd, which had not been trapped, to go seek help from the king and told him about the trapped elephants.
The rat’s king immediately took his entire group of rats and they cut open the nets which had trapped the elephant’s herd. The elephant herd was totally set free. They danced with joy and thank the rats.
1. What type of text is the above text? It is …
a. a narrative text
b. a description text
c. a recount text
d. an anecdote text
e. an expository text
2. What destroyed the homes of all rats?
a. a group of mice did
b. the hunter did
c. elephant-hunter did
d. a group of elephant did
e. elephant’s herd
3. What helped the elephant’s herd free?
a. the elephant-hunter did
b. the hunters did
c. the trapped elephants did
d. a group of king did
e. entire group of rats did
4. What is generic structure of “once upon a time there lived a group of mice under a tree in peace”?
5. At the end of the story, how was the elephant’s herd?
Read the text carefully and answer the questions below
Sura and Baya
A long time ago, there were two animals, Sura and Baya. Sura was the name of a shark and Baya was a crocodile. They lived in a sea.
Once Sura and Baya were looking for some food. Suddenly, Baya saw a goat.
“Yummy, this is my lunch,” said Baya.
“No way! This is my lunch. You are greedy” said Sura. Then they fought for the goat. After several hours, they were very tired.
Feeling tired of fighting, they lived in the different places. Sura lived in the water and Baya lived in the land. The border was the beach, so they would never fight again.
One day, Sura went to the land and looked for some food in the river. He was very hungry and there was not much food in the sea. Baya was very angry when he knew that Sura broke the promise.
They fought again. They both hit each other. Sura bit Baya’s tail. Baya did the same thing to Sura. He bit very hard until Sura finally gave up and Awent back to the sea. Baya was happy.
6. What is the title of a narrative text above?
7. How many characters in the story?
8. What is seen Baya?
9. Why are they fighting?
10. Anyone who violates the agreement between Sura and Baya?
11. What lessons can we learn in the story?
1. A. (a narrative text)
2. D. (a group of elephant did)
3. E. (entire group of rats did)
4. B. (Orientation)
5. C. (happy)
6. Sura and Baya
7. There are two
8. A goat
9. They fight because of a goat
11. Do not break a promise that has been agreed upon.