Materi dan Soal Recount Text beserta Contohnya. Pada kesempatan kali ini kita akan membahas tentang materi Recount Text, yang mana adalah salah satu genre dari teks bahasa Inggris. Pada materi ini kita akan membahas pengertian, generic structure dan ciri – ciri dari Recount Text.
Apa itu Recount Text?
Kata ‘Recount menurut kamus google sendiri adalah menceritakan. Jadi Recount text dapat diartikan sebagai ‘Text yang menceritakan’
Generic Structure dari Recount Text
Ciri-Ciri Recount Text
- Memiliki judul yang merangkum teks. Contohnya ‘My Vacation to Bali’ maka ceritanya hanya akan menceritakan seluruh liburan saat berada di bali
- Menceritakan peristiwa yang sudah terjadi di masa lampau. Maka Recount text selalu menggunakan past tense, contohnya ‘Last month, I went to Bali with my family.
- Semua kejadian yang di ceritakan harus secara berurutan. Jadi, harus memakai kata sambung seperti ‘when’, ‘later’, ‘then’, ‘after’, ‘before’, dan lain lain.
- Paragraf pertama adalah Orientation. Pada bagian ini penulis mencoba mengenalkan siapa saja pelaku dalam cerita, tempat dimana mereka berada, dan apa yang akan mereka lakukan.
- Paragraf kedua, ketiga, dan keempat adalah Events. Tiga paragraf ini berisi urutan kejadian yang mereka alami selama berada di pantai santolo.
- Paragraf keempat berisi Re-orientation. Paragraf ini berisi penutup. Penulis menuliskan kesimpulan dari perjalanan mereka dan menjelaskan walaupun mereka lelah tapi mereka merasa senang.
Contoh Recount Text
Last week I went to Mount Bromo. I stayed at my friend’s house in Probolinggo, East Java. The house has a big garden with colorful flowers and a small pool.
In the morning, my friend and I saw Mount Batok. The scenery was very beautiful. We rode on horseback. It was scary, but it was fun. Then, we went to get a closer look at the mountain. We took pictures of the beautiful scanery there. After that, we took a rest and had lunch under a big tree. Before we got home, we went to the zoo at Wonokromo. We went home in the afternoon.
We were very tired. However, I think it was really fun to have a holiday like this. I hope my next holiday will be more intersting.
Vacation to London
Mr. Richard’s family was on vacation. They are Mr. and Mrs. Richard with two sons. They went to London. They saw their travel agent and booked their tickets. They went to the British Embassy to get visas to enter Britain. They had booked fourteen days tour. This includes travel and accommodation. They also included tours around London. They boarded a large Boeing flight. The flight was nearly fourteen hours.
On the plane the cabin crews were very friendly. They gave them news paper and magazine to read. They gave them food and drink. There was a film for their entertainment. They had a very pleasant flight. They slept part of the way.
On arrival at Heathrow Airport, they had to go to Customs and Immigration. The officers were pleasant. They checked the document carefully but their manners were very polite. Mr. Richard and his family collected their bags and went to London Welcome Desk. They arranged the transfer to a hotel.
The hotel was a well-known four-star hotel. The room had perfect view of the park. The room had its own bathroom and toilet. Instead of keys for the room, they inserted a key-card to open the door. On the third floor, there was a restaurant serving Asian and European food. They had variety of food.
The two week in London went by fast. At the end of the 14-day, they were quite tired but they felt very happy.
My First Experience to Ride Motorcycle
One day, when I was ten years old, my father bought an old motorcycle. That was ” Honda 75″. I think it was small light object and easy to ride it. I persuaded my father to teach me to ride ” Honda 75 “. Firstly, my father refused my request and promised that he would teach me two or three years later, but I still whimpered. Finally, my father surrendered and promised to teach me.
He began to teach me riding the motorcycle around a field in my village. My father was very patient to give me some directions. I was very happy when I realized my ability to ride a motorcycle. ” Yes, I can “.
One day later, when I was alone at home, I intended to try my riding ability. So, myself tried bravely. All ran fluently in the beginning, but when I was going back to my home and I must passed through a narrow slippery street, I got nervous. I lost my control and I fell to the ditch.
After that, I told my father about the last accident. I imagined my father would be angry and never let me ride again. But the reality is exactly on the contrary, my father was very proud of me. He just gave me some advices and since that accident, I got my father’s permission to ride motorcycle.
Contoh Recount Text tentang My Holiday In Bandung beserta terjemahannya.
My Holiday In Bandung
Orientation : Last holiday, I went to Bandung with my friends, Asep. we spent our holiday there. we went to bandung by bus. The bus schedule from Indramayu was at 07.00 AM and arrived in Bandung at 11.30 AM
Events : In the first day, we went to Bandung zoo. The ticket price was only Rp 30.000. The animals collection there were very complete. In the next day, we went to geological museum and talked with the guide about geology. It made us understood about geology. we saw rocks collection there. After that, I went to Bandung bus station because we had to go home to Indaramayu.
Reorientation : My holiday in Bandung was only two days but It made me happy.
My Holiday In Bandung
Orientation : Hari libur lalu, saya pergi ke Bandung bersama teman-teman saya, Asep. Kami menghabiskan liburan kami di sana. Kami pergi ke bandung dengan bus. Jadwal bus dari Indramayu pukul 07.00 pagi dan tiba di Bandung pukul 11.30
Events : Di hari pertama, kami pergi ke Kebun Binatang Bandung. Harga tiketnya hanya Rp 30.000. Koleksi hewan di sana sangat lengkap. Keesokan harinya, kami pergi ke museum geologi dan berbicara dengan pemandu tentang geologi. Itu membuat kami mengerti tentang geologi. Kami melihat koleksi batu di sana. Setelah itu, saya pergi ke terminal bus Bandung karena kami harus pulang ke Indaramayu.
Reorientation : Liburan saya di Bandung hanya dua hari tapi itu membuat saya bahagia.
Semoga penjelasan mengenai recount text di atas dapat menjadi bahan pelajaran yang dapat membantu meningkatkan kemampuan (skill) bahasa Inggris sobat semua. Mudah bukan? Intinya dalam recount text ini isi cerita biasanya berurutan, seperti contoh-contoh di atas, itu saja kalau menurut saya.
Soal Latihan Recount Text
Visiting My Village
Last month, I and my family went to Banyumas which was located in Central Java, Indonesia. We drove a car. I enjoyed the journey all day long although it took 2 days to get there. We were fun, my brother made some jokes all day. My father told us some stories on the way. My mother slept on the back seat.
My first day in my village, I visited my siblings and friends. We are welcomed by happiness. When I saw my parents, they cried because they looked so happy to meet up their families. The next day, I, my brother, my cousin and my nephew went to a popular place in Purwokerto. It was called “Baturaden”. That was a favorite spot in Purwokerto. We enjoyed local specialty food as culinary. I was satisfied and so were they. Next, I took a photo with traditional music musicians.
My brother, my cousin and my nephew enjoy the view with other visitors. They took a photo with their style like I did. In the evening, we were back home. And did other private activities, such as made a conversation, told the story and made a joke.
The day after tomorrow, my cousin had a ceremony to say thanks to God for blessing their son. It was called “Nazar”. When the parents had a promise for something and it was realized. They had to make a traditional ceremony. I watched that traditional ceremony and took their photograph.
For the last show, we were entertained by “Ebeg”. It was traditional art. The player danced through the traditional music and they were handled by the spirit. It was scary, but it was fun and entertain.
Time run so fast because the next day was our last day in the village. So I took the last photo to bring it home. They were my family and still family until the last breath in this world.
Finally, we had to go home and brought a love experience from family. Yaps… that was the hardest part.
1. When did they go to Banyumas?
2. How did they go there?
3. Was the writer sad on the way?
4. What did the writer do on the first day?
5. What was the popular place in Purwokerto?
6. What is the meaning of “private activities” on 2nd paragraph?
7. What did they call the ceremony to say thanks to God?
8. Why was the writer scare with “Ebeg”?
9. When did the writer take the last foto?
10. Did the writer enjoy the holiday in the village?
1. They went to Banyumas last month.
2. They went to Banyumas by car.
3. No, he was not. He enjoyed and he was fun because his brother made some jokes all day.
4. The writer visited his siblings and his friends.
5. The popular place in Purwokerto was called Baturaden.
6. Private activities are the activities which belonging to or for the use of one particular person or group of people only.
7. They called Ebeg as the traditional ceremony to say thanks to God.
8. Because Ebeg was a traditional danced which was handled by the spirit.
9. The writer took the last foto one day before he left the village.
10. Yes of course. He enjoyed in the village.