Bentuk modal can dipakai untuk menyatakan
1. Kesanggupan atau kemahiran seseorang
- I can play the guitar and my brother can play it, too.
- Bella can speak English but she cannot speak Japanese.
- I am not a good swimmer but I can swim.
- I will hold a party next Saturday but Lala can’t come.
2. Minta ijin
- My printer is broken. Can I use yours?
- Can I borrow your car to take my grandmother to the hospital?
3. Menyatakan kemungkinan
- She can be at home at night.
- He works very hard. He can be the best worker this year.
- I could run very fast when she was child. (Saya bisa berlari dengan sangat cepat saat saya masih kecil)
- I felt so tired last night but I couldn’t sleep. ( Saya merasa lelah tadi mala tetapi saya tidak bisa tidur)
- Could you help me to install the application? (Bisakah kamu memasang aplikasi?)
- Could you take the book for me? (Bisakah kamu mengambilkan buku itu untukku?)
- She could be very busy at that time. ( Dia mungkin sangat sibuk)
- Could I speak to Mr. Dito? (Bisakah saya berbicara dengan Mr. Dito?)
2. I feel sleepy now. I … last night.
3. Dinda got the scholarship because she …. five languages.
4. When I was young, I … very fast.
5. I am sorry that I … to your birthday party next Saturday.
6. The teacher are speaking very quietely. I … hear what she says.
7. I looked for the book everywhere but I … it.
8. He … very well because he had hurt his leg.
9. We tried hard but we … them to wear the mask when they go out.
10. We … burning when we went into the house.
11. Taufik Hidayat was an excellent badminton player. He … anybody.
12. Nina … to the camp last week. She was ill.
13. Which one is correct?
I can’t do the exercise. It is too difficult
I couldn’t do the exercise. It is too difficult
14. Dini doesn’t know what to do. She …
15. I … what she was saying although she spoke in a low voice.