- Anna can’t buy the Rainbow Troops novel. The novel is too expensive for her. She hasn’t got enough money.
- Mr. Ali speaks English too rapidly. I can’t understand what he said.
- My mother bought me a skirt. The skirt is too small. I can’t wear it.
- Is there enough sugar in the coffee? (Apakah kopinya sudah cukup gula?)
- I can’t go to my grandma’s house. I don’t have enough time to visit her. ( Saya tidak dapat pergi kerumah nenek. Saya tidak punya cukup waktu untuk mengunjunginya)
- I’ve got some money but not enough to buy the latest smartphone model. ( Saya punya uang tetapi masih belum cukup untuk membeli model smartphone terbaru.)
- Would you like some more to eat? ‘No, thanks. I’ve had enough‘. (Mau tambah lagi makanannya? Tidak terima kasih. Saya sudah cukup.’)
- Hendra can reach the shelf. He is tall enough to take the books on it. (Hendra bisa menjangkau rak tersebut. Dia cukup tinggi untuk mengambil buku di rak tersebut.)
- Dina is 17 years old now. she is old enough to have driver license. (Dina berusia 17 tahun. Dia cukup usianya untuk memiliki surat ijin mengemudi)
- Don’t wear that coat. It’s not suit on you. It isn’t long enough. ( Jangan pakai mantel tersebut. Itu tidak pas untukmu, tidak cukup panjang — mantelnya terlalu pendek—)
- There is too much salt in the soup. (Terlalu banyak garam di dalam sup)
- Adi wears his brother’s T-Shirt. It is too big for him.(Adi memakai kaos kakanya. Kaosnya terlalu besar untuknya)
- I feel sleepy now. I’m too tired.
- Yes, I think you’ve worked too hard today.
- I don’t like eating in this restaurant. There are too many people here.
- Nanda studies too much. She prepares herself for the Math competition next month.
- The main problem in Jakarta is traffic. There are too many cars here.
Membedakan penggunaan too dan not enough
- The T-shirt is too big for me. (kaos ini terlalu besar untukku)
- The skirt is not big enough for me. (Kaos ini tidak cukup besar untukku —kaos ini terlalu kecil—)
- The coffee is too much sugar. ( Kopi itu terlalu banyak gula — rasanyya terlalu manis)
- The coffee isn’t enough sugar. (Kopi itu tidak cukup gula– rasanya mungkin hanya pahit)
Enough for ( somebody/ something) — I haven’t got enough money for a house.
Enough to ( do something) — I haven’t got enough money to buy a house.
Enough for ( somebody/ something) to (do something) — There aren’t enough chairs for everybody to sit down.
too … for (somebody/ something) — That hat is too small for me.
too … to (do something) — I’m too tired to finish the project. I need to take a rest.
too … for (somebody/ something) to (do something) — Mr. John speaks English too fast for me to understand.
2. The house is … for a large family.
3. You don’t eat … . You should eat more for your health.
too many fruits
4. I don’t want to walk home. … .
It is too far
It is not far enough
5. I think Tilik movie is interesting. … for our daily life.
It is too real
It is not real enough
6. Don’t eat in that restaurant. …
It is too expensive for us
It is cheap enough for us
7. We want to play football but we didn’t have ….
too many players
8. Did you have … to answer all the questions in the exam?
9. The water wasn’t … to have a bath.
10. The knife isn’t … to chop the meat.
11. You can’t meet the lecturer now. …
He is too busy
He isn’t too busy
12. Which one is correct?
Wirda studies all the time. I think she studies too much
Wirda studies all the time. I think she studies too many
13. Which one is correct?
I can’t do the exercise. It is too difficult
You cant put everything in the bag. It is too big
14. Would you like some milk in your tea? Yes, but not ….
15. We played well but not … to win the game