Present Perfect Tense merupakan sebuah bentuk waktu yang digunakan untuk menyatakan suatu peristiwa/ perbuatan yang telah selesai terjadi atau dilakukan pada masa lampau dengan waktu yang tidak tertentu dan masih ada hubungannya dengan waktu sekarang.
Present Perfect Tense memiliki rumus sebagai berikut,
Positive : Subject + have/ has + VIII
Negative :Subject + have/ has + not + VIII
Interrogative : Have/ Has + Subject + VIII
- Cindy has prepared her wedding party for five months. (Cindy sudah mempersiapkan pesta pernikahannya selama lima bulan — saat ini masih mempersiapkannya)
- I have lost my keys. (Saya kehilangan kunci saya — sampai saat inipun saya belu menemukannya)
- They have done the homework. (Mereka sudah mengerjakan PR — saat ini PR nya sudah dikerjakan)
- for a week
- for three months
- for six days
- for a long time, dst.
- since August
- since the last five years
- since 1998
- I haven’t seen you since Saturday.
- She hasn’t seen me for a week
- I have lived in Semarang since 2001.
- They have built the monument since January.
- so far
- until now
- up to the present
- just (now)
- She has just gone away
- The students have finished five chapters so far.
- Up to now, the writer hasn’t continued the last chapter of his story.
- Joko has almost finished his project.
- recently = baru- baru ini
- lately = akhir- akhir ini
- not … yet = belum
- He hasn’t finished the work yet.
- We have recently watched “Tilik” at YouTube.
- What has your manager done lately?
- They have gone shopping this week.
- She has met her lecturer this morning.
Did you finish
Have you finished
2. ‘Would you like something to eat?’
‘No, thank you. I … and I’m still full now.
have had dinner
3. ‘Why don’t you watch the film?’
I watch it
I have watched it
4. ‘Where’s Anna?’
‘She … out.’
5. I can’t find my book. Somebody … it.
6. Let’s go to Andy’s birthday party. I … him a present.
7. The car doesn’t have any petrol in the tank. It …
8. ‘Where are my glasses?’ …you seen it?
‘I don’t know.’
9. Liz and Anna … to bed. I can’t meet them now.
10. Rino … here since September.
11. This is the most beautiful painting I …
have never seen
have ever seen
12. ‘How long has Mirna been here?’
‘She … for two weeks’
have been here
has been here
13. Which one is correct?
I have known him for many years
We have been here since two weeks
14. ‘Is this the first time you’ve driven a car?’
‘Yes, … a car before’
I have driven
I have never driven
15. ‘Have you read novel ‘Guru Aini’?’
‘No, I … it’