Teks Procedure adalah sebuah teks yang bertujuan memberikan petunjuk tentang langkah- langkah/ metode/ cara melakukan sesuatu. Teks ini biasanya juga berisikan rangkaian tips atau tindakan untuk melakukan suatu aktifitas.
source : pixabay
Teks procedure terdiri dari tiga bagian struktur yaitu :
Goal, yaitu tujuan dari teks itu sendiri. Umumnya tujuan ini adalah berupa judul, tetapi di beberapa soal procedure text, goal ini tidak ditampakkan sebagai judul tetapi disimpulkan berdasarkan isinya.
Materials, bahan- bahan yang dibutuhkan untuk membuat suatu barang (sifatnya opsional)
Steps, rangkaian langkah
Adapun unsur- unsur kebahasaan yang terdapat dalam teks procedure adalah
Imperative sentence ( kalimat perintah), misalnya put, don’t, mix, dsb.
Action verb, kata kerja yang berhubungan dengan aktifitas fisik atau intelektual, misalnya put, turn
Connective of sequence, misalnya then, while, next, dll
Numbering, urutan angka- angka dalam aktifitas, misalnya first, second, third, dst
Dan berikut contoh teks procedure
How to Make Lollipops
Lollipops are pieces of candy on a stick.You hold the stick and lick, bite or suck the candy. Usually, they’re made from candy glass, which is essentially melted sugar with some flavoring and food coloring added.
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon flavoring scent oil
1-2 drops of food coloring
Use white granulated sugar, also known as ordinary table sugar. This looks like little crystals, not to be confused with “confectioner’s sugar”, which is used for cake toppings.
Dissolve the sugar in the water and heat it over a stove, on low to medium heat. Stir it constantly so it doesn’t burn.
Add food coloring and flavoring when the sugar mixture has boiled. Do not wait until it has turned brown, or your lollipops will be awful tasting caramel!You may add lemon juice if you wish.
Use a candy thermometer to tell when the sugar has reached the “hard crack” stage (this is between 300 and 310 degrees F) (about 150 degrees C). You can test this by dropping a bit of the melted sugar into a glass of cold water, where it should form a hard, brittle thread that cracks.
Pour the melted sugar into molds. When it’s cooled a little, add sticks
When the candy is completely cool, pop it out of the molds, and voila: lollipops.
========================================================================================= Baik, kita mulai dengan Soalnya yaa..
1. Remove the back cover, using a small screwdriver to loosen the screw 2. Remove batteries and replace with two new AAA batteries. use the + and – signs to position correctly. dispose of used batteries properly. 3. Replace the cover and tighten the screw with the screwdriver 4. Reset the time using the side buttons
The GMX 200 is guaranteed to keep time accurately for one full year from date of purchase. should it malfunction in any way during this time period, your money will be refunded in full.
1. What are these the instructions for? A. Changing the batteries B. Replacing cover C. Repairing batteries D. Setting the date
2. It can be referred from the text that …. A. the GMX 200 is a disposal garbage B. used batteries can be replaced in the product C. the users will get full refund if there is malfunction during the guarantee period D. there are two kinds of batteries to replace the old batteries
3. “Dispose of used batteries properly” The underlined word has similar meaning with …. A. discard B. extricate C. retrieve D. liberate
No matter how nice your shoes are, they can start looking worn and ugly over time if nor properly cared for. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to properly shine a pair of leather shoes.
If you haven’t shined shoes before, don’t worry—it’s actually really, really simple. You will need a few things beforehand, though, which you can buy very cheaply anywhere from a professional shoe shop to somewhere like Target or Wal-Mart:
• A soft cloth. This can really be anything from a rag or an old t-shirt to a special buffing cloth (really though, an old t-shirt should work just fine).
• A can of shoe polish. These usually run for about a dollar. Grab them in whatever colors you need for the shoes you’re shining.
• A good shoe brush. Usually these will run you anywhere between $5 and $10.
Shining your shoes is a simple process that should only take you a few minutes. Here’s what you do:
1. First, brush off any dirt, mud, salt, or other debris on your shoe with your brush or a damp cloth. Wait for the shoe to dry before continuing to the next step.
2. Next, apply a little bit of your shoe polish to the shoe with your cloth or t-shirt. Make sure not to get it on the carpet or anything else, it won’t come out easily! Rub the shoe in small circles, using just a bit of shoe polish at a time—remember, less is more (and you can always add more if need be).
3. Use your shoe brush to brush any excess polish off the shoe. Don’t be afraid to put a little elbow grease into this step, you won’t ruin the shoe.
4. Lastly, take your cloth or t-shirt and buff out the rest of your shoe so it shines.
taken from : http://www.lifehacker.com/
4. What is the text about? A. Steps to avoid shoes from debris B. Steps to polish shoes with clothes C. Steps to use shoe brush properly D. Steps to make shiny leather shoes
5. According to the text, we may conclude that …. A. The materials needed can only be bought in shoe shop B. Black and brown are the color which is available for the shoe polish C. We may use dry cloth to brush off any mud, dirt, salt and debris D. Tutorial above gives simple steps that everyone can do shining leather easily
MANTAP BEEF SOUP
Ingredient ½ kg beef Crushed Seasonings Shallot, garlic, turmeric root, galangal, ginger, pepper, coriander
Seasonings Salt Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons slice onion fried crisp 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Steps Boil beef in 8 cups water for 20 minutes. Cut half cooked beef into slices, re-boiled. Saute the crushed seasonings. Stirring in sauteed seasoning simmer until the meat is tender. Serve hot with lemon juice, fried onions and chili sauce.
6.What is the purpose of the text? A.to describe cooking stuffs in making Mantap Beef Soup B.to give instruction about how to make Mantap Beef Soup C.To persuade people to make Mantap Beef Soup D.To amuse the readers in making Mantap Beef Soup
7.Based on the text, the main ingredient of the recipe is …. A.Crushed seasoning. B.Vegetable oil. C.Lemon juice. D.Beef.
8.What should we do after slicing the beef? A.Boil the beef. B.Re-boil the beef. C.Saute the seasoning. D.Stirring in sauteed seasoning.
9.The word tender in the text above means …. A.kind B.edible C.inflamed D.fragile
10.How many steps to make Mantap Beef Soup? A.6 B.5 C.4 D.3
HOW TO MAKE A SAIL BOAT FROM STYROFOAM EASILY
Materials •A 2 cm thick piece of Styrofoam •Writing paper •A stick like the one used for sate •Cutter •Pencil •Scissors •Ruler •Color pencils
How to make it:
1.Cut a 4×10 cm piece of the Styrofoam for the hull and two pieces of 8 x 2 cm each for the floats. Make an arrow – like shape on one side of the hull. Save the triangles. Prepare two sticks of 15 cm long each.
2.Join the hull and the floats together with one stick. Push the other stick vertically into the hull for the sail. Put one of the triangles above the hull.
3.Cut an 8×12 cm piece of paper for the sail and a triangle of 2 x 6 x 6 cm for the flag. Draw your favorite picture on the paper.
4.Weave the vertical stick through the sail and flag. Your sailboat is done.
5.Put it on water. Let the wind blow your sailboat.
11. We know from the text that biggest piece of the Styrofoam is for …. A.The float B.The flag C.The hull D.The sail
12.Which of the statement is TRUE based on text above? A.The size of the sail is 4 x 10 cm made from a piece of paper. B.It has an arrow like shape on both sides of the hull. C.It has a triangle flag on the top. D.There is no picture on it.
How to treat Scorpion Sting
•A bag of ice
•An ointment containing an antihistamine, a corticosteroid and an analgesic
•One oral dose of Benadryl
•One oral dose of acetaminophen
1.Wash the affected area: If possible, get the site of the sting under cold water immediately.
2.Medicate topically: Apply a layer of ointment containing an antihistamine, a corticosteroid and an analgesic.
3.Apply ice: Hold a bag of ice over the ointment on the area. The ice will reduce the pain and inflammation.
4.Medicate orally: Take one dose of Benadryl (antihistamine) and one dose of a pain killer (acetaminophen).
5.Go to the emergency room: Because some scorpion stings can be fatal, you will need to go to the emergency room to get evaluated for scorpion anti-venom. If possible, get someone else to drive you.
6.Ice as needed: Keep applying ice until pain is tolerable. You may experience pain for any length of time between a few hours to a couple days.
13.To treat the scorpion sting, the ice is used for …. A.Medicating orally B.Washing the affected area C.Evaluating for scorpion anti-venom D.Reducing the pain and inflammation
14.“Medicate topically” means you should … A.take some medicine B.apply an ointment to the affected area C.keep applying ice until pain is tolerable D.get someone else to take you to the emergency room
15.Why should we go to the emergency room after scorpion stings us? It is because …. A.some scorpion stings have high level venom B.the site of the sting must be washed C.someone drives you there D.The pain is tolerable
Ingredients: 100 g fine dried egg noodles 1 chicken stock 100 g cauliflower cut in small florets 100 g Chinese cabbage, cut in chunky pieces 4 spring onions 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped 1 tablespoon light soy sauce 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground coriander
1.Soak the noodles in hot water for a few minutes until strands are separated, drain.
2.Prepare the vegetables. Finely chop spring onions. Heat stock in a pan, eat cauliflower, cabbage, chopped spring onions, tomato, soy sauce, cumin and coriander. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
3.Add the noodles, simmer further for 3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Serve the noodles immediately.
16.Why is the text written for? A.To describe Vegetable Noodles B.To explain ingredients mentioned in making Vegetable Noodles C.To instruct people how to cook Vegetable Noodles D.To persuade people to make Vegetable Noodles
17.What should you do before heating stock in a pan ? A.Soak the noodles B.Prepare the vegetables C.Chop the onions D.Add the noodles
18. ” …simmer further for 3 minutes or until the noodles are tender…” The underlined word means … A. Fry in hot oil. B.Steam for a while. C.Boil with a low heat. D.Grill over the charcoal.
This mango smoothie tastes great, is low in fat and will give you a healthy immune system. Give it a try. A refreshing drink is for all occasions. Appreciate our Mango Smoothie.
Slice a large ripe mango in half. Cut horizontal and vertical lines across each of the pieces in a grid effect. Then turn the skin inside out to reveal equal sized chunks. Slice these chunks off the skin with the knife. Afterwards, pour 250 millilitres of yogurt and 150 millilitres of milk into a blender. Next add the mango, followed by 8 ice cubes. Put the lid on firmly, and blend until the mixture is smooth, or the consistency you desire. If the smoothie is too thin, add 1/2 a banana and blend again. This will also make it sweeter. Finally, pour into a glass, drop in a couple of straws and serve.
19.What does the text above tell us about? A. It tells about the way to make a mango smoothie. B. It identifies the problems to make a mango smoothie. C. It promotes the importance of a mango smoothie. D. It describes the features of a mango smoothie.
20.What should you do after cutting horizontal and vertical lines across each of the pieces? A. Slice the chunks off the skin with a knife. B. Add the mango, followed by 8 ice cubes. C. Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth. D. Turn the skin inside out to reveal chunks.
========================================================================================== Demikian Soal Procedure Text Bahasa Inggris SMP. Semoga post ini memberikan manfaat untuk sahabat Ahzaa semuanya.