Soal UKK Bahasa Inggris SMA Kelas 11 dan Kunci Jawaban Terbaru
Tidak terasa akhir semester 2 sudah dekat, teman-teman semua pasti tidak sabar menunggu kenaikan kelas.Untuk mengatasi kecemasan kalian dalam menghadapi Ujian Kenaikan Kelas nanti kami ingin memberikan Soal Latihan UKK Bahasa Inggris SMA Kelas XI TA 2017/2018 agar teman-teman semua mendapatkan nilai yang bagus pada semester 2 ini. Untuk para guru juga, kami sangat senang jika artikel ini dapat membantu dalam pembuatan soal UKK di sekolah bapa dan ibu guru sekalian.
Untuk mengunduh soal, silahkan scroll terus kebawah.
Choose the correct answer by crossing a, b, c, d, or e!
This text is for questions 1 to 4.
The old witch locked Hansel in a cage and set Gretel to clean the house. She planned to eat them both. Each night the children cried and begged the witch to let them go.
Meanwhile, at home, their stepmother was beginning to wish she had never tried to get rid of the children. “I must find them,”she said and set off into the forest.
Many hours later, when her feet were tired from walking and her lips were dry from thirst, she came to the cottage belonging to the witch. The stepmother peeped through the window. Her heart cried out when she saw the two children.
She picked up the broom leaning against the door and crept inside. The witch was putting some stew in the oven when the stepmother gave her an almighty push. The witch fell into the oven and the stepmother shut the door.
“Children, I have come to save you,” she said, hugging them tightly. “I have done a dreadful
thing. I hope in time you will forgive me. Let me take you home and become a family again.”
They returned to their home and the stepmother became the best mother anyone could wish to have, and of course they lived happily ever after!
1. The story is about a stepmother who……
A. Cried every night
B. Planned to eat the children
C. Begged a witch for money
D. Tried to run away from a witch
E. Saved her children from a witch
2. Which statement is TRUE about the stepmother?
A. She was the witch’s friend
B. She loved her stepchildren
C. She hit the witch with a broom
D. She locked her children in a cage
E. She visited the witch to see her children
3. “The witch fell into the oven and the stepmother shut the door”.(Paragraph 4)
The underlined word can be replaced by the word…..
4. How did the witch die?
A. She was burnt in the oven
B. She was trapped in a cage
C. She was hit with a broom
D. She was locked in her house
E. She was pushed against the wall
This text is for questions 5 to 8.
Once upon a time there was a man who liked hunting very much. He often went to the forest to hunt any animal he met.
One day he went hunting into the forest. He intended to shoot any animal he saw. He brought his gun with him. When he was searching for his prey, suddenly he saw a bird perching on a branch of a tree. It was a dove, suddenly an ant came and bit his foot. He was so startled that he didn’t shoot the dove. It was safe and then flew away.
Several days later, the dove was flying over a lake. He saw an ant floating on the surface of the water. It was the ant that had saved the dove’s life from hunter. The ant was almost drowned. The dove got idea, he picked up a big leaf and dropped it onto the surface of the water near the ant. Luckily, the ant could get on the leaf.
The ant tried to bring the leaf to the edge of the lake and landed on the ground. The ant was safe because the dove helped him.
5. The main idea of paragraph 2 is that ….
A. An ant saved the dove life
B. The dove tried to avoid the hunter
C. The dove was perching on a branch of a tree
D. The hunter with his gun wass seeking his prey
E. The hunter was eager to shoot the animals in the forest
6. The hunter was very …. when the ant bit his foot.
7. From the story we can conclude that both the ant and the dove are good example for human beings because …
A. The bird could fly over the lake
B. The ant could land on the ground
C. The ant could bite the hunter’s foot
D. The hunter couldn’t shoot the dove
E. They could help to save each other’s lives
8. “ ….suddenly he saw a bird perching on a branch of a tree.”(Paragraph 2)
The underlined word means ….
This announcement is for questions 9 to 10.
Good morning, everyone.
We have ONE HOUR SUPER SALE program here
In Himalaya Supermarket
Today, you can get:
1 kg of sugar only Rp4,000.00
1 kg of pure palm cooking oil only Rp6,000.00
1 kg of fresh beef only Rp37,000.00
1 kg of eggs only Rp2,500.00 and still more.
This one hour super sale will start at 2 p.m
So, get your shopping basket now.
Take anything you want.
Have a nice shopping, thank you.
9. What is the announcement about?
A. Cheap prices for certain stuff
B. Buy two, get one for free
C. One Hour Super Sale program
D. A big sale program
E. Super stuff in cheap prices
10. When will the program end?
A. One hour
B. Two hours
C. Two and half hours
D. At 2 p.m
E. At 3 p.m
Read the text and answer questions 10 to 12
My favourite thing is aquarium. It is a place in which aquatic plants and animals, particularly fish, are kept. The term is applied to single tanks for home use in which fish are kept for their decorative effect and interesting habits and to public institutions with tanks for exhibition and scientific study of aquatic life.
I make home aquariums to simulate a natural environment. Aquatic plants supply the oxygen needed by the fish, but often an aerating device is used to furnish additional oxygen. Goldfish enjoy cool water, but the popular tropical fish must have water at a constant temperature of 22°C (72°F) or more. I must keep the water pure and free of algae for long periods by sufficient aeration and by keeping mollusks in the aquarium. A layer of sand or gravel at the bottom of the tank will hold the roots of such important aquatic plants as tape grass, vallisneria spiralis, and aid in the removal of debris. My home aquariums range in size from small fishbowls holding two or three pets to huge tanks.
11. To give additional oxygen, … is used in a home aquarium.
A. a natural environment
B. aquatic plants
C. an aerating device
D. a layer of sand
E. a cool water
12. Which is not needed to stimulate a natural environment in a home aquarium?
A. Putting aquatic plants in the aquarium
B. Using a suitable aerating device
C. Keeping mollusks in the aquarium
D. Removing the debris regularly
E. Keep the constant temperature for particular fish.
13. What is the above passage about?
A. The writer’s home aquariums
B. A natural environment
C. Making an aquarium
D. Aquatic plants and animals
E. Kind of fish in the sea
Read the text and answer questions 14 to 16
Yesterday night was the night of the fair, the following day was holiday. The children at Tim’s school were really excited. They ran down the path out of school as fast as they could. Tim ran all the way home, and changed into his jeans and sneakers. He ate his dinner quickly, and sat at the window waiting for his dad to come. He couldn’t wait for six o’clock when the fair would begin. He had been saving his pocket money for weeks.
When Tim and his family arrived at the fair, it had just opened. Already there were crowds of people swarming around food stalls, displays and dozens of rides. “Can I buy some chips and a drink?” asked Tim.
“Okay” sad Tim’s dad. “But hang on tightly to your wallet. There are a lot of people around.” “I’ll be fine’, said Tim impatiently.
He found a food stall, and ordered his food. When the man brought his chips and drink, without thinking, Tim put his wallet on the counter and picked up his food and drink. When he glanced back, his wallet had vanished! Tim desperately looked around him, but it was no use. All his pocket money was gone.
14. The fair started ….
A. in the morning
B. in the afternoon
C. in the evening
D. after school
E. before School
15. The children at Tim’s school felt excited because …
A. they would go to the fair
B. the following night was a holiday
C. their parents came to visit them
D. they got new jeans and sneakers
E. They found a food stall
16. “When he glanced back, his wallet has vanished!” (last paragraph). The underlined word means ….
Read the following text to answer questions 17 to 19
This is a traditional French dish adapted by the Creoles of New Orleans. It is sometimes known as ‘Looney soup’.
– 75 gr unsalted butter
– 6 large onions, peeled and sliced – Salt and pepper
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 600 ml beef stock
– 60 gr plain flour
– 2 tsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp Worcester sauce
– 6 slices of French bread
– 6 tbsp grated cheese
1. Melt butter slowly.
2. Add sliced onion, a pinch of salt and pepper and the sugar.
3. Cook on a low heat, stirring from time to time, until the onions have browned.
4. Add beef stock and bring to the boil.
5. Sift the flour, stirring hard to avoid lumps.
6. Add chicken stock.
7. Simmer for 3-4 hours.
8. Add sauces.
9. Top each bowl with bread and cheese and place under grill for two minutes, until cheese has melted. The bowls will be hot, so warn your guests. It is a very filling soup so you won’t want much else to eat. It should be served for 4 to 6 people.
17. How much Worcester sauce do you need to make creole onion soup?
A. One tsp
B. three tsp
C. Two tsp
D. Six tbsp
E. five tsp
18. Why should you warn your guests while having the soup?
A. You won’t want much else to eat.
B. The bowl is placed under grill.
C. The cheese has melted.
D. The bowls are hot.
E. The soup is not tasty
19. Simmer for 3-4 hours. ” What does ‘simmer’ mean?
A. Boil gently.
B. Stir carefully.
C. Sift smoothly.
D. Melt slowly.
E. Pour slowly.
20. April : “my brother has got a scholarship to continue his study in one of prominent university in America.”
Ivone : ” ……………..”
a. I’m glad to hear that
b. it’s common
c. I’m not satisfied
d. I’m sorry to know that
e. I’m not surprise
21. “Walk around with it and at least people will think you’re cool.”
What does the word `it’ refer to?
a. A junky ol laptop.
b. An iPad box.
c. A new iPad.
d. An old iPad.
e. The girl’s iPad.
The dialogue below is for question 22 – 23
Woman : Your trousers are torn. What happened”
Boy : I fell from the bike, Mom.
Woman : Did you get hurt?
Boy : Thanks God I didn’t. But I was very embarrassed.
22. Who are talking in the dialog?
a. Two classmates.
b. A teacher and a Student
c. Two best friends.
d. A mother and a son.
e. A seller and a buyer.
23. What made the boy very embarrassed?
a. He had fallen from a tree.
b. His mother was angry at him.
c. He had been beaten in a bike racing.
d. His bike had hit a tree.
e. His trousers were torn.
24. Man : Where is the English storybook? I really need it now.
Woman : I saw it on Rina’s table. Maybe she borrowed it.
Man : She should have told me first. She really makes me mad.
What makes the man angry?
a. Rina has lost his book.
b. Rina has torn his book.
c. Rina has forgotten to bring his book.
d. Rina has told a lie about his book.
e. Rina has borrowed his book without his permission.
25. Girl : Huh, the long queue really makes me annoyed!
Boy : ………………………………..
a. Are you sure?
b. It’s none of my business.
c. That’s good for you.
d. You must be disappointed.
e. Please be patient.
26. Man : You must have forgotten to turn off the gas. Now, look! The house is on fire!
Woman : …………………………….
a. The gas has made a great explosion.
b. I am not sure I can do it well.
c. It’s really embarrassing that you could not do it well.
d. I am sorry to hear that your house is on fire.
e. It’s not from our house. It’s from our neighbor’s.
27. Man : I am really ashamed of you. You were easily beaten in the game. Why is that? If you had practiced hard, it wouldn’t have happened.
Woman : ………………………………………..
a. Sorry, I promise it won’t happen again.
d. I know how you feel.
b. It is none of my business.
e. We can learn from it.
c. It was embarrassing.
28. Girl : When I was having dinner, I spilt my coffee on the waiter’s skirt.
Boy : ………………………………………..
a. Let me check it.
b. Let me help you clean it.
c. That’s good for you.
d. What an embarrassing experience!
e. Are you sure?
29. The boys have the photographer … their picture.
d. to take
30. George’s hair is too long. He has his hair …
a. to cut
d. to cutting
- Soal UKK (PAT) Bahasa Inggris SMA Kelas 10 TA 2017/2018
- Soal UKK (PAT) Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 7 TA 2017/2018
- Soal UKK (PAT) Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas 8 TA 2017/2018
- Soal UKK (PAT) Bahasa Inggris SD Kelas 1 TA 2017/2018
- Soal UKK (PAT) Bahasa Inggris SD Kelas 2 TA 2017/2018
- Soal UKK (PAT) Bahasa Inggris SD Kelas 3 TA 2017/2018